I’ve been holding myself more accountable lately. After trying to jumpstart my fitness routine, I decided that I needed to take a more extreme approach towards getting fit and healthy. So I dove right back into weight training. I’m feeling good after another hearty workout. Of course, I’ve opted for lighter weight and I’ve mostly been focused on good form.
That’s because I’m a bit soft at the moment. I haven’t been lifting lately, so I need to warm my body up to the idea first. The workouts are going fairly smoothly so far, and I’m already noticing and increase in my energy reserves. I did take a couple days off to rest, though, because my biceps have been ridiculously sore. Clearly, It’s going to take a little time to get back to where I was in regards to strength and endurance. I probably need to take some glutamine as well so that I’ll recover a bit faster.
My diet is also getting better. I’m still a far way off from being considered a ‘healthy eater’, but I’m certainly making progress. My meals are becoming more frequent and mildly cleaner. I’m using less butter and more coconut oil. It may not sound like much, but that’s what healthy living is, incremental and consistent progress made over time.
Without further ado, here’s the routine I knocked out today. I felt great going into it and great coming out of it. Thankfully, I’m staying motivated!
- Stretch (15 minutes)
- Heavy Punching Bag (5 minutes)
- Deadlift (lbs x reps) – 45 x 15 / 65 x 12 / 85 x 10 / 95 x 8
- Barbell Rows – 45 x 15 / 55 x 12 / 65 x 10 / 75 x 8
- Low Cable Rows – 50 x 15 / 55 x 12 / 60 x 10 / 65 x 8
- Wide Grip Pulldowns – 70 x 15 / 75 x 12 / 80 x 10 / 85 x 8
- Dumbbell Shrugs- 20’s x 15 / 25’s x 12 / 30’s x 10 / 35’s x 8
- Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extensions – 25 x 20 / 30 x 15 / 35 x 12 / 40 x 10 / 45 x 8
- Tricep Pushdowns – 30 x 15 / 35 x 12 / 40 x 10 / 45 x 8
- Decline Sit-ups – 3 sets x 10 reps each set
- Meditation (15 minutes)
That’s it! The meditation I’ve been doing to wrap my workouts up has been great. It’s a wonderful way to cool off and there are a great many benefits to be gained from meditation. More on this in future posts.
Thank you for your time, please stay tuned for more updates!